View Single Post

Old 07-20-2018, 01:56 PM

Liked 170 Times in 88 Posts

For those (like me) who were looking for a comparison of the 3.6" 2.0 Compact (SKU 11688) to the Shield, I got my 2.0 Compact in last week, and had a chance to snap some pictures of the two side by side. I am not a photographer.

I took most of the pictures with the 8-rd magazine inserted in the Shield, as that seems to be the way a lot of people carry it, but I included some with the flush mag, as well.

From a side view, there's not a whole lot of difference between the Shield (8 rd) and the Compact. The Shield (7 rd) is noticeably shorter.

Stacked on top; really bad pic of the Shield (7 rd).

Width is where you really start to see the difference. The Compact is not simply a double-stack Shield. The entire gun is wider than the Shield. Not uncomfortably so, but noticeably so.

3.6" barrel length (Compact) vs 3.1" barrel (Shield).

The Shield has been my EDC for some time, but I was looking forward to the Compact when it was announced in the 3.6" barrel. I am very impressed with the weapon. I'm running the second-smallest(?) backstrap (there are 4), and it fits my hand perfectly. My IWB holster should arrive this weekend, so we'll see who the Compact carries.

Hope this helps show a comparison between the two.

Last edited by ScottS; 07-20-2018 at 02:03 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: