View Single Post

Old 07-21-2018, 02:33 AM
Banned

Liked 4,324 Times in 1,793 Posts

Ugh.

(1) Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. And in this one, everybody's a winner.

(2) Where does "Stand Your Ground" come into play? Sure looked like he was knocked on his butt with no real option to retreat.

(3) Coincidentally, being knocked on your butt counts as a "position of disadvantage".

(4) It's hard to tell whether it's justified. On the one hand, the guy is down on the ground after having been blindsided. On the other, when he shoots, his attacker has stopped, and backed away. Even with the leeway given for these things being very fast-paced (for instance, if one shoot an attacker four times in the front, and as he falls, a fifth round strikes his back but isn't held against the shooter)...I dunno. Having the audio would certainly help.

(4) I wouldn't exactly say that putting one's gun away would make a ton of sense. Remember, at this point all he's seen is his assailant go back into the store. He doesn't know if the guy is dead, incapacitated, or arming himself.

(5) You guys know how I like to talk about praying your attacker survives? This is the perfect example of beatifying the deceased:

Quote:
Prior to Gualtieri’s announcement Friday, Jacobs told the newspaper that McGlockton died from a “wrongful death” as a result of Drejka’s actions.

“It’s a wrongful death,” she told the newspaper earlier Friday. “It’s messed up. Markeis is a good man … He was just protecting us, you know? And it hurts so bad.”
When somebody dies, they turn into an angel. Doesn't matter who they are, or what stupid thing they died doing.

Last edited by Wise_A; 07-21-2018 at 02:36 AM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: