View Single Post

Old 07-21-2018, 08:18 AM

Liked 325 Times in 157 Posts

I don't see how this is a stand your ground case since the man was knocked to to ground and unable to retreat. I expect the prosecutor will be determining whether this was a justified use of force for self-defense but I'll be surprised if he says stand your ground applies. It only adds to the confusion about stand your ground laws that this sheriff seems to have misunderstood and misapplied it.

The dead man paid a very high price for his overly aggressive knock down of the man having an argument with his girlfriend. He was the initial aggressor.

The shooter exercised poor judgement, in my opinion, for engaging in a public argument while armed. Once the gun came out, I don't think we have enough info to determine if the shooting was justified, but I have my doubts.

Some people may think the 2 second delay between presenting the gun and pulling the trigger gave the shooter time to see the aggressor was backing off, but I don't think we can be sure of that. Also it could be that it took him that much time to present, aim, and fire.

Regarding someone's comment that this shooting was over a parking spot: no, it was not. The shooting was caused by being aggressively knocked to the ground.
The Following 7 Users Like Post: