Thread: 10mm m&p
View Single Post

Old 07-21-2018, 10:42 AM

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Well Armed View Post
It would be even LESS popular than the 40 s&w. It would be a boutique gun that would NOT sell well. Doesn't make much financial sense for S&W to make the tooling, etc for it.
Possibly, but I think otherwise for this reason. When choosing between the 9 and .40, they are pretty much in the same playing field. Shooters think, "should I get a 9 or .40?" Then it comes down to preference. The 9 is a cheaper round to shoot and technology has evolved such that it's as effective as the .40, or even more so - at least the FBI thinks so; hence their switch back to the 9.

The 10mm is NOT in the same playing field as the 9 or .40 with muzzle energy ranging from ~500ft-lbs - ~800ft-lbs depending upon ammo brands and loading. Pretty much fills the gap between 9/.40/.45 and 44 mag. And, it has made quite a comeback in recent years as a number of folks have stated. Clearly Glock and other manufacturers support it both in polymer and 1911 platforms. As such, I believe S&W will do well with this offering as their M&P line has become very popular. But, only time will tell.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: