View Single Post

Old 07-22-2018, 02:43 PM

Liked 29,234 Times in 13,820 Posts
Default I love it when more of the story comes out....

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinner View Post
This happened in my neck of the woods, and the local paper had a little more info on both the shooter and why he wasn’t charged.

The sheriff didn’t make the decision without input from the state prosecutor. He referred it to the prosecutor, and the prosecutor decided not to charge the shooter.

The shooter also has a history of “policing” the handicapped spot at this particular store and confronting people who park there without a tag. The paper quoted one individual who the shooter threatened to shoot a few months earlier:

“It wasn’t the first time he (the shop owner) saw Drejka (the shooter) in a fight with another customer. A couple of months back, Rick Kelly stopped by the store, parking his tanker truck in the same handicap spot. The details to Thursday’s incident are similar: Drejka walking around the truck checking for decals, then confronting Kelly, 31, about why he parked there. The fight escalated, and Drejka threatened to shoot him, Kelly said.
"It’s a repeat. It happened to me the first time. The second time it’s happening, someone’s life got taken," Kelly said. "He provoked that."

Drejka was also charged several years ago with brandishing his weapon, but the case never went to trial because the witness did not want to pursue the case.

Just FYI. The link to the local story is here:

No arrest in fatal shooting during argument over handicap parking space
It's like that Duck Boat tour owner that said they'd had no trouble like those people drowning in Branson, Missouri. Turns out he's had 2 fatal accidents in the past. I'm as guilty as anyone of taking a news story at face value but I try not to do that.