View Single Post

Old 07-22-2018, 02:52 PM

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

just watched the video. the assailant doesn't appear to simply keep attacking like he could have or you'd assume would have in an attack justifying stand your ground. i know that if someone punches you then you can punch back, but i've never heard of someone shoving you so that means you can shoot them. i believe the gunman committed murder, i believe he was assaulted, but his life was not in danger. i think the gunman was pissed off, had a gun and shot someone to get back at them for being shoved.

i've been shoved like that before. i never fell down, but the guy kept coming at me and clearly wanted to fight. he put his hand around my neck and i stood there, grabbed my key and shoved it into his pressure point on his wrist. he backed off an left. i never thought he was worth killing. just a testosterone crazed dude that had a bad day...

you see that once the gun is pulled the assailant is willing to leave. i believe my situation is very similar to this one, and having witnessed a downgraded state of aggression when the weapon is revealed means the guy wasn't continuing the threat and it ceased at that moment. its not a what if scenario anymore. its a de-escalated event after the weapon is drawn, and he chose to shoot someone that stepped away from from him. committing murder.

Last edited by bohuggabee; 07-22-2018 at 03:05 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: