View Single Post

Old 07-23-2018, 01:19 PM

Liked 87 Times in 56 Posts
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by akdude View Post
Just ordered some Magguts for my 8 rd Shield mags, the reviews are excellent on them but they have only been around about 1 1/2 yrs.

Magguts had a recall in late 2016 on their 1st gen. but since then have heard of no issues!

Currently have the Strike EMP's on both 7 & 8 rd. mags and is fine in the 7 rd. but just to long & ugly on the 8 rd. mag.

Got my Magguts +2 for my Shield today and installation was simple, but after install was complete used a mag loader to load it and as soon as I pushed down to load 1st rd. the front of the follower popped up and was ready to come out (many say it does this if empty and u push rear of follower, so load 1st rd. manually) loaded fine and I shot 2 mags with 0 issues!

The parts, spring etc... all well made but I think follower should be longer in front so it wont pop out, had been using the Strike EMP's + 2 on both my 7 & 8 rd. mags and they work great, but the 8 rd mag with the EMP is very "Ugly and long" looking but the 7 Rrd. EMP looks and feels great they were about $14. compared to $33. for a Maggut.

The Maggut makes my 8rd. 1/4 longer then the regular 8 rd. but looks and feels great compared to the EMP 8 rd. +2 its 1/2" shorter, the Maggut on the 8 rd. mag is the same length as the EMP on the 7 rd. mag but the EMP is 1/16" longer in front since baseplate is curved in front and about 1/16" wider on sides since EMP has scallops on sides.

I have no idea how well the Magguts "Leaf Springs" will hold up over time?

On a side note Tim on MAC said he uses Magguts on his PPS, which really doesn't mean much since he carried and was bragging for over 1 yr. how great the H&K VP9 was before he bad mothed it!
The Following User Likes This Post: