View Single Post

Old 07-25-2018, 12:10 AM
US Veteran

Liked 1,202 Times in 438 Posts
Default Extra weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. mordo View Post
I guess I'll be the dissenter and say I'd much rather carry a 629 Deluxe, which I do carry every day. I have both an L and N frame and the added weight of the N frame doesn't bother me on my belt and helps at the range. Also, I personally like to carry a handloaded light 44 magnum that's still a good bit hotter than any 44 SPL. That said, if I had a M24, I wouldn't feel underarmed carrying hot 44 SPL.
I see your point. I have several S&W 44 magnums. For the most part I'm only shooting Specials no point in carrying the extra weight.

When I go to the mountains I regularly carry my 629 Classic with a 5" barrel
which is my favorite 44 to shoot. When I carry it I also it loaded with 240 grain magnums, or even a 340 grain bullets.

I also have the L frame 69. Unimpressed with the quality. I'm only buying the older Colts and S&As. I would pay more for the quality. Why can't we go back to the 28 and the 27. The 27 was worth the extra money. The 28 well, was like a Ford or Chevy. We have neither now.

I would like to be the CEO at S&W. We would go back to quality. Yes it would be expensive. You could have some low end but we certainly would go back to quality, and no lock.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: