View Single Post

Old 07-25-2018, 08:20 AM

Liked 33 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon C. View Post
Hello Everyone,

I take my R8 to the range and have very little problem managing recoil with 158 gr .357 JHP. Believe me, it's the firearm---not my expertise! I'm a resident of Ca., so I do not carry.

Obviously, I'm not under any duress or in a adrenaline-pumping/defensive position at the range, but they weren't either; just three guys in a discussion at the range.

So, may I ask you folks who have a tremendous experience advantage over me?

First question: do you favor their conclusion; that is, preferring .38 over .357?

Second question, how do you manage recoil with your favorite firearm, revolver or semi-auto?

Many thanks for taking the time to respond!

Lon C.
Your R8 is an N-frame and will easily absorb much of the .357 Magnum recoil. My TRR8 handles them easily. My 20 ounce j-frame? Not so much. I’ve shot .357 Magnum through it, but didn’t like it. I only shoot .38 +p through it now. That’s probably the type of carry gun they were talking about, definitely NOT an N-frame.

Concerning recoil management, I just accept it and have learned what the gun does when I fire it. It don’t try to fight it or anticipate — that leads to flinching and poor accuracy.

Keep shooting your R8 the way you have and don’t worry about it!
The Following User Likes This Post: