View Single Post

Old 07-26-2018, 01:01 AM
Banned

Liked 72 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
So good thing the victim didn't have his own weapon or press the attack, because the com hit did not stop him, just discourage him. Yes to a point caliber doesn't matter but more powerful rounds with the same accuracy do often have a greater affect on their targets. One reason I do not carry a 380.
Would you be willing to stand in front of a .380???? Why hell no you won't and neither would I.

I had a nut shoot at me with a 1911 and a 230 grain ball round. The round hit me in the duty belt and was stopped by my pants belt underneath. (2) 158 grain .38 special rounds in return put his lamps out for good. When I was hit, it didn't knock me down or even backwards any. It felt like being hit with a pitched baseball while at bat that's all.

These myths about knock down power and just that myths. We all know that every action has an equal and opposite reaction by the law of physics. Knowing that, any gun that could shoot a knock down round would knock the shooter down when he shot it. I was bruised but still here.

Our military are issued high powered rifles for a reason. A .22 caliber bullet moving at 3,000 FPS does a lot of damage on the inside bouncing around. Just ask Congressmen Steve Scalies who took a NATO 5.56 (.22 caliber) to the hip a while back.

Handguns are very poor man stoppers, regardless of caliber. Shutting down the central nervous system by a head shot will stop just about anything that moves on GOD"S green earth and again caliber is irrelevant.

Carry what you feel comfortable with and be safe out there. It is a nasty dirty world and that I can tell you from years of experience and not pithy gun forum rhetoric and bovine excrement.
The Following User Likes This Post: