View Single Post

Old 07-26-2018, 11:59 AM

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Ospho makes a rust inhibitor that will stop rust in its tracks. I used it on a tool box that was on a pickup on the gulf coast. I painted it after using ospho rust inhibitor and put it on a new pickup. The rust never came back or broke through the new paint. I now use it on gates and gate posts, implements, and tractors. Since the finish is already non existent I would paint it with the inhibitor and let it dry. Then remove the rusty crud and repaint it once more for good measure. Let that dry. Then bead blast it. I would favor Parkerizing if it were mine. As for the innerds, I would do the kerosene/transmission oil dip mentioned previously. Replace the hammer or trigger which ever is the offending part. I would use a spring kit with a slightly lighter mainspring but would not go much more that a pound or two lighter on the mainspring. I would replace the rebound spring with the one supplied in the kit. The rest is depending on how confident your gunsmithing skills may be. The end shake can be corrected by stretching the yoke or using spacing washers. The hand can be fitted from an oversize hand from power custom. I would also check the throats with pin gages and slug the barrel. As for the 125 grn hollow points....I would skip them in favor of a good cast simiwadcutter. I use to trap and used coyotes to test hollowpoints on. The 125's left a lot to be desired. Good luck on your project and thank you for sharing it with us. What ever you decide to do will be right for you. That's all that matters.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: