View Single Post

Old 07-26-2018, 02:44 PM

Liked 2,202 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John H/PA View Post
I have never used snap caps, I have always used empty shell casings. Should I be using the caps?
I like to use the AZoom snap caps because they are maroon in color and easily identifiable as a cap as opposed to nickel or brass. I still open the cylinder each time I pick a revolver up to make sure it's loaded with snaps before pulling any trigger... It's just a quick ID thing for me. I've used empties in a pinch for a new caliber that I hadn't sourced the AZooms for yet. But it makes me a little nervous. Just a personal thing and YMMV.

Also, to practice reloads from speed strips and moon clips they are a must as empties will fight you in every way due to having no pills in them to align. So, they are a must for that "practice drill" for me. They are cheap, maybe $8 and they last and last. Amazon is where I get all mine and I don't waste my time on any other brand(s). The AZooms just work. Others, not so much...

They are also good to use at the range to show someone what they are doing wrong in regards to flinching in a semi-auto as well. Put one or two in random into a magazine with live ammo unbeknownst to a new shooter and it's eye opening to them how critical it is to let the pistol do it's job before they go trying to compensate for the recoil... again YMMV.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: