View Single Post

Old 07-27-2018, 09:01 AM

Liked 399 Times in 248 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsNParadise View Post
Out on the internet this morning I see many threads (in other forums) where slide is released clambering a round when magazine is inserted with force. That ‘might’ be ok with me BUT my Shield is NOT releasing the slide with the insertion of the mag. It is clambering a round and is loose moving around with that open slide! And then I don’t know the step to correct this. I have been releasing the mag and then turning gun sideways to shake loose cartridges out of the top of the slide. That’s when hubby said I had the gun pointing the wrong way. I knew I had index finger off the trigger but others don’t know that so my very inexperienced bad!
So, your pistol has the slide open, you drive in a magazine, it auto chambers, you shoot a round or two, remove the magazine and a round falls out?

Does it do the same with both magazines?

When the top round is stripped by the slide it can drag the next round forward. Usually, this is attributed to loose or short magazine lips and/or rim lock where the top cartridge rim overlaps the next round and drags it forward.

Next time you load your magazine tap the back of the magazine on a table or hard surface. It helps align the cartridges.

Have you disassembled your magazines? If so, do it again and make sure the spring is in correctly. If you haven't or don't want to you can use a pencil and depress the follower and stick small screw driver in one of the holes to hold it. Squeeze a bit on the front portion of the feed lips. Not a lot just a bit. Gives a better hold on the round. See if that helps.

Last edited by ScaryWoody; 07-27-2018 at 09:04 AM.