View Single Post

Old 07-27-2018, 10:28 AM

Liked 13 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisgah View Post
So, evidently you are not only opposed to states being able to decide for themselves, you also oppose a majority being able to vote their will.

I am truly sorry for folks who live in such areas, but the fact is they have two choices -- either move, or campaign to change hearts and minds and create a majority that will go the other way. They should NOT count on Congress or the Justice Department coming in to solve their problems.

Our local city government is as corrupt and incompetent as you can find in the US -- yet, a large majority of our citizens have voted time and again to keep the bumbling crooks on City Council in office. I don't like it -- I vote against them, and I constantly campaign among fellow citizens to put the pressure on. But there's no way the state or federal government is going to come in and fix it to suit me, and I don't want them to.

It's part of the deal when you have a republic.
Pisgah, it's not up to the voters or politicians of NY and NJ to change their laws on this issue. The Federal Govt DOES have the power over them in this case. But you have to know some history to see how this started in the first place.

The State of NY passed a law called the Sullivan ACT. That was the first law that restricted carry. It was intended to get at mobsters. It was an early example of a good intention law ruining the freedom of the greater masses that were law-abiding citizens, thereby taking away the rights of the lawful citizen to protect themselves from the UNLAWFUL folks. The Supreme Court should have, and could have, stopped the assault on outr rights THEN. But they failed to do so and thus we have all this State Law stuff that we have now, and we all hate.