Thread: Point shooting
View Single Post

Old 07-28-2018, 12:11 PM
US Veteran

Liked 1,114 Times in 501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaTom View Post
Excellent discussion. In an earlier post I mentioned it being part of LEO training in the 1970's. We carried Model 10s. We were taught to watch where the first shot impacted and adjust aim as needed by rotating the wrist up or down s!ightly. Point shooting was part of the double action qualification course. I believe it was 6 rounds in groups in 2 (draw and fire) on the command.
Dr Bob Rotella a sports psychologist as written numerous books on golf and worked with pro golfers. He regularly refers to the ",mind-body" connection of focus on the smallest target possible and your body will adjust by hitting to it. The same as throwing a baseball to someone holding a catchers mitt. It works in golf. Don't over think the mechanics.

When I attended the NPS-LE Academy back in 1986, point shooting was still being taught, but maybe not to the same extent. It was implied that we should all learn and practice point shooting, but on our own and at a later date... Needless to say, most did not bother.
The Following User Likes This Post: