View Single Post

Old 07-28-2018, 04:07 PM

Liked 764 Times in 399 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent00 View Post
Thanks for the advice. Well the good old 45 apc was not on my list in the first place but after checking the ammo availability of the 357 sig and the 10mm Auto again and again, getting a .45 would be very tempting. With the Standard .45 I cannot get in Magnum territory in the semi Auto pistol realm, which was the reason why I got intersted in the 357 sig or the 10mm Auto in the first place. But the 45 apc would have many benefits. for sure. Ammo is quite cheap and easily available.

I can get man FMJ rounds for target Shooting and even some decent self defense rounds like the Gold dot, and also some classic jhp rounds from Remington at a good Price.

If i get a .45 pistol that can be adjusted to use 45 super rounds I can still get in the Magnum realm in the future if i start learning reloading.
The 45 Super case is beefed up, so don't use standard 45s or even 45+p.

I love my 10mms and 357 sig. Having wrote that, I took my full size HK USP 45 and installed an 18# recoil spring, +5% magazine spring and shoot 450 smc. It's the same as a 45 Super but with a small magnum rifle primer. Edit:I also installed a 6" barrel in it. It's not the Elite barrel. The o-ring grove is cut for the full size usp. It's an HK factory barrel and is almost half the cost of the Elite spare barrel.

Last edited by 7tenz; 07-28-2018 at 04:12 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: