View Single Post

Old 07-30-2018, 07:06 AM

Liked 1,636 Times in 681 Posts

I bought a rcbs charge master over a decade ago. If anything ever happened to it I would absolutely get another one. It's accurate enough and is the cat's meow when using stick rifle powder or working up test loads using the ladder test method.

I also have had 5-10 & 5-5 rcbs scales. The charge master has always been +/- 1/10th grain when weighed/checked on the beam scales.

It's nothing to put together 100+ test loads using different powders/bullet combo's for the pistols/revolvers (1/2gr increments) in a single reloading session. I cast & swage my own bullets so it seems like I'm always testing something. It's just easier to grab the rcbs charge master then it it to adjust the powder throw to test 1 load, re-adjust up 1/2gr, re-adjust up another 1/2gr, re-adjust up another 1/2gr, re-adjust up another 1/2gr, re-adjust up another 1/2gr, re-adjust up another 1/2gr, re-adjust up another 1/2gr, re-adjust up another 1/2gr, etc.

Actually the re-adjust up another 1/2gr isn't so bad. It's the fine tuning until I get there. And then weighing each test load that gets time consuming. Considering with the rcbs charge master all's I have to do is hit a couple of buttons and it weighs every powder throw it does.

Anyway I never had a use for a digital scale, like the beam scales. But a powder dispenser has a place on my reloading bench.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: