View Single Post

Old 07-30-2018, 12:43 PM

Liked 61 Times in 24 Posts

Thanks for all the valuable tips and preferred on-line dealers, guys!
Living in a major metro area, I have the two-edged sword of having plenty of firearms dealers selling components, powder, and similar, but most don't restock their supplies on a regular basis, other than bullets, and their prices, including the local gun shows, are expensive, based on availability and demand.
I do have the luxury of being 100 miles from Camp Perry in Ohio, and drive there yearly, just returned last week, during the National Championships in July for my annual buying trip, as I don't complete in high power and long range anymore, but still enjoy benchrest .22LR with my target rifles and paper punching with .223 and .308 rifles at some of the local State and private shooting ranges.
At Perry, I comparative-price components from a number of dealers, and while Goschinski's (Fin, Feather, and Fur out of Ohio) usually has the lowest prices and greatest selection of bullets, powders, and primers, this year, the low-price winner was Pat's Reloading, where I dropped a wad but came home with my car riding lower on the highway on the return-trip home!
I was also looking for a LE Wilson setup for military brass PP crimp removal and case resizing, but no one had any for sale.
Again, Goschinski's had a small area in their building with Hornady equipment for sale, but their stock was limited but priced right.
Fortunately, we aren't still suffering from an ammunition and reloading components shortage as we did when BHO was in Office. Thank you, Mr. Trump!

Echo47