View Single Post

Old 07-31-2018, 02:43 PM

Liked 3,247 Times in 1,007 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbm6893 View Post
There’s no “ new shoot first and ask questions later” syndrome. If you weren’t in the town that a shooting took place you didn’t know about it. Which is why we all hear about weekly Chicago shootings, Trayvon Martin. Tamir Rice, Alton Sterling, Philando Castile, that man in his underwear shot dead in the hotel hallway, etc. None of us would know about any of them without the internet and constant media reporting.

As for this man, it’s a shame. I’ll wait to hear all the facts, but if he was shot with a gun in his hand, or he reached for it in a well meaning way to disarm himself, then I am sorry that he is gone, but he caused his own demise. None of us here would give a second chance to a person holding a gun, cops shouldn’t t either. If you’re gonna carry a gun, know the deal. I’m sure they came full lights and sirens. Drop your piece and step away from it hands in the air. Anything else and you’re taking a big chance. Don’t reach for ANYTHING. They heard the shots and entered the home. Saw an armed man. Drop him. Sorry but that’s the way it has to be. Nobody here would do different.

On the other hand, if the cop suit him while he was not holding a weapon, then that is in the cop.
I think a lot of the middle class, voting, politician supporting, non-LEO public are becoming frustrated with what appears to be police departments using qualified immunity for officers as an excuse so they don’t have to absorb the expense of providing adequate training for incidences that have had similar outcomes to this. The Mesa, AZ hotel shooting and the Wichita, KS SWATing cases come to mind.

This may not be one of those, but that frustration seems to be building.

Last edited by Ziggy2525; 07-31-2018 at 02:45 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: