View Single Post

Old 07-31-2018, 04:44 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,861 Times in 2,541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1918a2 View Post
Also look up Jim Cirrilo NYPD. While I respect and thank You for Your LEO service, I don't want You on My cities PD. The responding officers have more body and head armor than any civilian and can take an extra second or three to assess the situation without going in blazing.
Jim Cirillo was a member of a unit that killed more people than any other. He had 17 confirmed kills himself. He killed those men in violent store and business robberies. Not in a residence. They used unauthorized weapons and ammunition. And there is NO WAY he or ANY other cop not wearing high level SWAT type body armor would let somebody shoot them because they were wearing body armor. That’s just a dumb statement. Peter Figoski was identified initially because he was an old timer still carrying a revolver. He had been shot point blank in the face. The unit was disbanded due to cirillo’s body count. Not that I disagree with their results. But using cirillo as an example is not the best. He was a gunfighter in a time of gunfights being common.

Last edited by kbm6893; 07-31-2018 at 04:50 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: