View Single Post

Old 07-31-2018, 04:46 PM

Liked 19,895 Times in 8,796 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbm6893 View Post
Holding a gun IS a threat to you. Depending on the position of the person, it’s more of s threat or less of a threat. So a guy walking away from you with a gun at his side isn’t the same as a person 10 feet away in a hallway facing you. But you knew that.

You never side with cops so I’m not gonna expect logic to sway you. But I’ll ask one more time since you haven’t answered it yet because you know the answer is the same as the cops. You are walking into a KNOWN shooting. Doesn’t matter if somebody HAD been shot. Shots HAVE been fired. You encounter a man that you do not know with a gun in his hand. You have less than a second to decide. What do you do?

If the news reports the man was shot in the back as he was running away, I’ll join you in vilifying th Officer. But from what I have read so far, it is a justiciable but regrettable shooting.
I do side with the Police more often than not.... my Father was a Police officer for 39 years .... I have worked/trained with the local Police. I have a number of friends that are Police officers.

As I wrote above I'm not judging this shooting as justified or not.... we have no facts just some early news reports.........

My issue is "with what you have written" in response to this and other threads....... what you have stated (intended or not), is that the only course of action you consider when confronting a person with a gun...... is to "shoot first and ask questions later".

Remember; "Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of Law"

Last edited by BAM-BAM; 07-31-2018 at 05:18 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: