View Single Post

Old 08-01-2018, 08:33 AM

Liked 6,553 Times in 910 Posts

The guys who filed this suit did it to test the limits and see if they could push back this particular restriction on interstate handgun sales. They had a reasonable argument. After all, they won initially at the trial level in Federal District Court. Then they lost after the Justice Department appealed to the Fifth Circuit.

I'd like to see a case where the prohibition against non-FFLs sending handguns through the USPS to out of state FFLs is challenged. So long as I present a copy of the receiving FFL's license and the weapon is shipped to the licensee at the address listed on that license, why should I have to go through an FFL to ship a handgun through USPS? Funny thing is, if I want to ship a handgun to an out of state FFL without going through a local FFL, I can do so right now provided I ship via common carrier, e.g., FedEX or UPS. They typically cost double the post office. And that's the point: the system is structured to restrict interstate commerce by raising costs, but only to certain people, and thus, raises equal protection concerns.