View Single Post

Old 08-01-2018, 10:56 AM

Liked 577 Times in 238 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkrcpa View Post
I can't decide. I thoroughly enjoy my 696 no dash and would never consider selling it but I wonder about the forcing cone. I would like to feel I could use "Keith" loads in my 696 if need be and it seems the 69 resolves that. I would probably never shoot full magnum loads in a 69.

Maybe someday I will run in to someone at the range and get a chance to try one.
The 69 should feel about the same as a 696. both are L frames, both are 5 shot. The 69 has 1/4 inch shorter barrel but because of the new style lock-up still is able to have a full length ejector . The 69 also has the ability to be not attempting to load 44 special to the max because all loading can dabble into a 44 mag range or all the way to full 44 mag power. Same size package without the power limits. I would only buy a 696 as a safe queen since the introduction of the 69. The 69 should make the 696 into a more collectable item. So if you wish to only fire reasonable 44 specials {not push the limit} there would be no real reason to buy a 69 other than to save the 696 as an investment if you have a mint one.
The Following User Likes This Post: