View Single Post

Old 08-01-2018, 01:25 PM

Liked 27,874 Times in 3,753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug M. View Post
While I may not agree with Dave Keith on every issue every time he says (writes) something, I will emphatically say that I read and respect everything he says (writes) here. I like his revolver conversions, because I think they are great working guns for a guy who carries them seriously. I don't care at all about the occasional howls from the collectors.

When he has something to say about firearms use in dangerous encounters, one should listen. You don't have to agree, but it is always worthy of serious consideration, and not to be disregarded lightly.
First off, I really appreciate this forum. I love reading the various opinions from the great folks who frequent this forum. But, you have to admit, some of this stuff we read is just speculation or opinion. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Dave, on the other hand, has been there, done that, and gotten the t-shirt...several times over. He's cowboyed, led a packstring, and worn the badge. In any one of those venues, a guy is going to gain a heckuva lot of experience with firearms.

Like Mark Twain once said, "The man walking down the street carrying a cat by the tail will get ten times the experience than the man standing on the corner watching him." Dave has been "carrying the cat by the tail" for many years.

Like Doug M. said, you may not agree with everything Dave says, but it's always worth serious consideration.

Last edited by Mule Packer; 08-01-2018 at 01:28 PM.
The Following 8 Users Like Post: