View Single Post

Old 08-01-2018, 06:01 PM
US Veteran

Liked 1,167 Times in 309 Posts

I've carried a sidearm of one sort or another for the last 38 years. Like most other people here, I've got dozens of holsters that were great in the store or in the catalog, but in real life they were a pain, sometimes literally. I discovered side snap holsters a few years ago, and that's pretty much the only holster I will wear anymore. Easy to put on, easy to take off, and comfortable. As in wear it all day and never notice comfortable. I've got one for a 4 inch N-frame that makes my Model 29 feel like a J-frame snubby. But, the best holster in the world ain't worth two hoots in a windstorm if you don't have a quality belt to wear it on. A quality holster, worn on a quality belt, will hide most any handgun under an untucked shirt or lightweight vest. I have a few different vests that I wear, none of them are the "tacti-cool" variety, just simple casual or dress type vests. I think the most expensive one I wear cost me a little less than 30 dollars and a thrift shop. Looks good with jeans or casual slacks.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: