View Single Post

Old 08-01-2018, 10:21 PM

Liked 594 Times in 290 Posts

[quote=PALADIN85020;138767944]This is another draft article for review - as always, comments welcomed.

John

I see this was written a few years ago, and I have a habit of reviving the dead (when it comes to old threads) and I have to say, that was a great article!! I had just discovered the M1877 yesterday or today, not having known anything about it. It's a really cool little gun, and I'm surprised no one commented on this article. Very well written and thank for the info on this awesome little gun!! I was sad to see it end so abruptly though after that last paragraph before the final thought. Very interesting and I have to say, I can't believe I haven't ever come across a modern clone of that gun! I'd buy one for sure, of course in modern calibers like 38 special, 357 and maybe 32 lc for the lower caliber. How cool are these things??? I want one and was astounded to see them on gun broker in pretty darn good shape going for about 1,500 bucks. I was figuring it would be thousands and thousands of dollars. If anyone makes a clone of these guns, please someone let me know, I'd love to own one. Thanks again for this, I have suddenly become very interested and intrigued by these guns and this was very nice to find. Again, I'm still blown away that no one commented on this. I figured there'd be quite a few. Nice done.

Nevermind, for some reason my "smart" phone didn't show comments until after I posted mine, I see them now!

Does anyone know if the Maverick Brothers used these in the old TV show? They used a single action in a typical holster, but sometimes when playing poker they had a holster on their regular belt tucked under their coats that they'd pull out occasionally. Can't think of an episode. They were a smaller gun that looked similar to the old west style and that's what got me looking for a similar gun and lead me to the 1877.

Last edited by Etalksalot; 08-01-2018 at 10:31 PM.