View Single Post

Old 08-03-2018, 07:35 AM
US Veteran

Liked 39,478 Times in 10,047 Posts

I carry a 325 PD, OWB. I am fat, the gun is fat, but light. Don't even feel it. The weight of the multiple chambers on a revolvers is an easy fix. Titanium.

I don't think there is any real difference between a semi and a revolver as far as reliability. I wouldn't carry a tightened competition tuned semi, set up to fire one special load, nor, a revolver done the same way. I carry top of the line ammo and would do so no matter the platform.

I have fired many times more ammo through a revolver than a semi, to late in my game of life to change that or even want to. I have wired my brain to revolver. Brick after brick of 22lr through a K22, thousands and thousands of 38 and 357, through a model 28, thousands of 44s and 45s through various N frames, all the same basic platform. I have had several 22 semis, but none just the same as a big bore. I have a Ruger light weight commander 1911. Great gun, fires every time I pull the trigger, its flat and easy to carry. It would get the job done well. But, my instinct isn't to draw, work the safety and fire. If I had a semi with no safety, the recoil and movement of gun as it cycled isn't what I am used to. My hand is used to wrapping around a revolver and finding the trigger. I haven't got enough years left to get to the same spot with an auto. I could start, but then I can also just keep working my revolver skills. I might be a dinosaur, sticking with a revolver, but, I am a well armed one.

Last edited by steelslaver; 08-03-2018 at 07:44 AM.