View Single Post

Old 08-03-2018, 07:45 AM

Liked 19,897 Times in 8,797 Posts

Are guns a 'good" investment? Probably not; but they do tend to hold their value. While most other 'hobby" purchases don't!!!!!

I've been lucky enough to have the discretionary income to buy some 'extra" firearms that I don't need or intend to shoot. I have a couple of really nice.... in the box 34s...... do I shoot them no....... I shoot the 63.

I have a few anib guns ( a few still in the boxes) that I bought (or have held on to) to pass on to my boys. I bought them at good prices 10-30 years ago. It's a good thing I bought them then; because I've not seen these guns for sale locally in over a decade.

Also I've had the good fortune to acquire back ups to my carry guns.... in some cases back ups to my back ups.......hard to believe there was a time no one wanted 3" 66s or 3913NLs.......

In most of the cases I didn't seek out these guns.... an opportunity or a good price presented itself and I took advantage of it.

As I posted (#2) above a well cared for range gun will hold it's value.... a gun that sees rough use or is subject to an "accident".... can quickly become a "shooters grade" specimen.
The Following User Likes This Post: