View Single Post

Old 08-03-2018, 01:11 PM

Liked 17,102 Times in 6,271 Posts

Let me first say that I'm sorry you have such draconian laws. You should be able to carry if you want.

My preferred carry gun is a 1911. Why? Because that's the gun that I shoot best. If my life is on the line, I want the tool that I'm most likely to do well with.

Because I teach concealed carry classes, I often have conversations with people about what to carry. Many, many times people have looked at me, assumed that I wasn't carrying, and said, "I have a 1911, but of course no one could conceal one of those so, I'll have to get a different gun." Because I'm almost always in a public setting when this is said, I don't pull up my shirt and show them. Even so, in each case, I was carrying a Commander sized 1911 in a full size holster so, it could just as well have been a full size 1911.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi cop View Post
Cool weather clothing: loose jeans or expandable (elastic waist) casual trousers with 1 1/4 - 1 1/2" belt.

Reasonably loose button up shirt or polo shirt, tucked in and short vest.

Warm weather clothing: walk shorts with 1 1/4" belt. Loose polo shirt tucked in and usually a short vest.
I don't wear shorts, but that's just me. I always carry OWB at 9 o'clock (I'm a lefty) and just wear a loose shirt over the top.