View Single Post

Old 08-03-2018, 01:21 PM
US Veteran

Liked 13,165 Times in 4,567 Posts

Fascinating.

All of those concepts, ideas, and opinions. Fascinating.

Personal to me, but I see I am not alone (and I admit that years ago I discovered a 1911 9mm and wanted one!), I long ago lost interest in 1911s because, for my purposes, they are too big to carry and I dislike cocked and locked carry. YMMV and I know folks like it but it makes no sense to me. No matter how much you train you still have that added step of wiping off the safety when the elephant appears. I don't argue with folks who like them, I had the utmost respect for Colonel Jeff Cooper, but it's not a gun that makes sense to me for concealed carry by "us folks".

I have a gorgeous BHP and an Israeli replica BHP called a Kareen but I do NOT carry them on any kind of a basis. I have holsters if I want to carry one afield but that's the only time they would get carried and then in Condition Three only.

As for 9mm versus .45 ACP, I still have my 3rd Gen CS-45, and I am still a fan, but my CS-9 is easier to carry and has more capacity which is why I bought it. Unless I want a lot of capacity, in which case I switch to a 6906, when I want more rounds than a revolver holds (my usual EDC is a .38 caliber revolver, because I LOVE THEM!) I carry the CS-9. Thus, a 9mm fan I became!

Last edited by ISCS Yoda; 08-03-2018 at 01:23 PM.