View Single Post

Old 08-03-2018, 07:53 PM

Liked 321 Times in 151 Posts

[QUOTE=BAM-BAM;140121026]

Surprised by bigbruce's post about the original commander being 9mm .....interesting; so Colt tried it but it didn't catch on...... in the ........1950s??????

In the 1950s you had ball ammo. Not the best for shooting people although pretty good at punching holes in auto bodies. Unless you think you're going to be shooting at people in cars 9mm ball is no bueno. 9mm didn't start making inroads until we got hollowpoints. The better the hollowpoint technology gets the more the 9mm shines.

Also I don't remember a lot of older guys toting pistols every day back in the late 60s and 70s when I was growing up. Frankly I never saw anyone w a centerfire auto until I was in my teens. That said the 1st handgun I bought was a 1911 w a Colt Conversion unit in 22. Came out the back door of a pawn shop bc I wasn't 21 yet. I wanted a 45 but he didn't have one that wasn't on his books. I had been shot at earlier in the day (another guy w same name as mine was fooling w the shooters wife) and the pawnshop owner took pity on me. I later got an apology from the shooter left on my windshield but I never found out who he was and never found the other guy w my same name.
The Following User Likes This Post: