View Single Post

Old 08-03-2018, 08:55 PM

Liked 3,903 Times in 1,519 Posts

I happened to see some photos of Barlow style knives here when scrolling through this thread again. That reminded me that I have a few that I'm pretty fond of. I don't carry them often, but these carry easily and they are good knives. So I dug them out and took a photo to share with you guys. There are so very many great photos of great folders here. Y'all are guys after my own heart! Hope you enjoy these.

The top knife is a Boker Tree Brand with yellow bone scales. It's an older one and it's a great pocket knife. The second one is Canal Steet Cutlery with brown bone scales.CS was the knife maker that rose from the ashes of Shrade and Shrade Walden and only lasted for a somewhat short time. This is not an old knife but it is well made and also carries nicely in a pocket. The bottom knife is a relatively inexpensive Barlow style made by A.G. Russell that has yellow plastic scales and great steel for an every day using knife. I've carried this one quite a bit in a horizontal belt sheath and I have used it quite a lot. I like it! It's also a lock back. I tend to like the longer bolsters on two of these knives. I think they make the Barlow style look very nice and balanced. See what you think. BTW, I pictured one of my favorite arrow heads for you at no extra charge!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Barlow Styles.jpg (256.7 KB, 18 views)