View Single Post

Old 08-03-2018, 11:21 PM

Liked 3,520 Times in 961 Posts

Since I'm a shooter not a collector, I have few regrets over the guns I've sold or traded. One exception does stand out. I sold a Model 19 with a 6" barrel that was absolutely the most accurate revolver I've ever shot. It was also close to the ugliest I've ever owned as far as finish goes. Might have had 20% blue left. Wasn't beat up, just had no finish. And had a set of off brand rubber grips with no name that fit me like a T. Also one of the slickest actions I've ever felt and a fantastic SA Trigger. Wadcutters in one ragged hold at 25 yards all day. Shot magnum loads just as well at steel plates at 100 yards. Problem was back in those days, I was embarrassed to take it out. Guess I wanted to be a hotshot with all of the pretty guns, so I sold it. Now days, I'd be proud to own it back and would show it off like a new speckled puppy, but its long gone. Sold it to a guy and right after he bought it, it was stolen out of his truck and has never shown up. Been over 20 years ago and I still remember it fondly as well as how stupid I was with the ego of a teenager.