View Single Post

Old 08-04-2018, 10:59 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 9,972 Times in 3,665 Posts
Default NOT HARDLY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Club Gun Fan View Post
Ralph
Can you show me were any of the Smith & Wesson catalogs or advertisements refer to the ".22 Single Shot 1922 Model" and not the Straight Line? I thought the .22 Single Shot 4th Model was introduced in 1925.
Absolutely not!! That's because I have no such documents----and it seems unlikely such a convoluted name would ever make it into those documents in the first place---the marketing folks would have had a hissy fit. (And to the best of my knowledge, this pistol was in fact introduced in 1925.) And now, and I may be sorry I asked this, but can you show me any Smith & Wesson catalogs or advertisements which refer to the Straight Line as ".22 Single Shot 4th Model"? I thought that was collector speak. Okay, so much for that.

Sometime before it was introduced it was designed and built--and judging from the results, the marketing folks don't seem to have had much to do with that. Now, to the point of your inquiry, it appears the folks who designed it referred to it as ".22 Single Shot 1922 Model"---that quotation from the engineering changes list shown on pages 234-238 of N&J---Revised Edition. So I didn't make it up---just copied it down---and when I come across something I figure just might be new news (and perhaps even of interest to some folks besides me), I take advantage of the opportunity to let them know about it.

Ralph Tremaine

Last edited by rct269; 08-04-2018 at 11:03 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: