View Single Post

Old 08-04-2018, 04:40 PM

Liked 11,064 Times in 3,292 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthom View Post
The bottom knife is a common military style issue made by Camillus that I have had in my possession since I was a boy. It's a good handy knife for it's purpose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by old tanker View Post
Kinda been here before, but it used to be if a boy couldn't be trusted with a pocket knife by the time he was eight or nine years old he was considered a wastrel by adults and a failure among his peers. I have been carrying a some variation of the classic Scout knife for better than 60 years, mostly a GI Camillus.

Your One Only-p40605_74329_1486666844-jpg
Ken, you and old tanker maybe were in the same scout group carrying the same great knife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyj98 View Post
I never was a big pocket knife guy till a couple months ago. A relative told me he wanted sell off a bunch of knives. I ended up buying fifty or so new in box Case knives. Now I'm in the process of figuring out which ones I want to keep and selling off the rest.
Post pictures of them here and maybe put them in the forum "For Sale" section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsfricks View Post
I’ve shared these before but here they are again. These are all Case knives from the 1930’s throught the late 1960’s. None of these are carried.

w
I remember seeing these terrific knives before. When I started collecting recently, I realized even more how nice knives like these were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthom View Post
The second one is Canal Steet Cutlery with brown bone scales.CS was the knife maker that rose from the ashes of Shrade and Shrade Walden and only lasted for a somewhat short time.
Great knives. I like the Barlow pattern, but don't have very many. I had some as a kid, but who knows where they are now.

BTW, just to let you know, Canal Street is trying to start back up again. Check out Red Hills Cutlery website to see their knives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
Lionsteel Dom, I like it.
That is exactly what it is, do you have any, what do you think of them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmr986 View Post
I need to clean this up in order to get a merit badge. Thinking 50+ years old.

Attachment 352148
Looks like a great scout knife to me.