View Single Post

Old 08-04-2018, 07:24 PM

Liked 9,971 Times in 2,062 Posts
Default 1971 17-3 is mine! Added pic w/t-grip latest post

***Correction-after double checking the grips are indeed numbered to the revolver***

Went in to my favorite shop today to pick up a gun I had on consignment (seller's remorse LOL, non S&W), was waiting on the background check when I spot a real jewel sitting at the back of one of the cases.

I've always wanted a 17 but the prices were always just a bit too high. Well the price on this one made my eyes pop. No box, a faded product sheet. A few "age marks" here and there-on the end of each side of the muzzle and just towards the end of the word "SMITH" on the left side of the barrel. A definitely ring on the cylinder as well. That's ok with me as I intend to shoot this one a lot. Typical bank vault lock up/timing and a nice smooth action. Right at $500 out the door.

Also a wear mark over the side plate that looks like from a safety strap on a holster.

Serial number is 1K46XXX which if I read the 4th Ed of the SCSW means 1971. Can't wait to hit the range-I have copious amounts of .22lr ammo to try out ahahaha. At some point I'll add some period correct targets but that's all I'll want for it.

Some quick cell pics indoors under natural light:

Last edited by S&W Fan; 08-22-2020 at 06:37 PM.
The Following 34 Users Like Post: