View Single Post

Old 08-05-2018, 08:41 PM

Liked 2,520 Times in 795 Posts

I know I sound like a broken record, but before you pick the gun, come to reality with the prioritization of the carry compromises first.

All concealed carry is a compromise between comfort, conceal-ability, effective gun/caliber, and accessibility. Pocket carry is more concealable but not the fastest access, and doesn't allow a regular sized gun (that we all shoot better and more accurately).

Some of us older folks remember when concealed carry permits were hard to get, if not impossible. So in those days if you felt like you needed the sidearm, you concealed illegally. It took me a while to get over the nervousness that someone might discover I was carrying even though I have a license to do so. Once I realized that open carry was lawful (here) I never worried about my concealed carry again. Thus, concealment is the lowest priority for me. This allows me to comfortably (OWB) carry a regular sized gun (P229, P320, 1911), in an effective caliber (.357 or .45) with a gun in which I have confidence (can hit a target at any reasonable self-defense distance I may encounter).

If someone sees a lump, or even the muzzle if I'm reaching for something, that's far less important to me than comfort or any of the others.

So, not to answer your question but merely to give you some food for thought.

Last edited by Mainsail; 08-05-2018 at 08:44 PM.