View Single Post

Old 08-05-2018, 08:53 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,738 Times in 2,623 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDWho View Post
I have a different brand than a S&W with a canted barrel. I've seen a lot of posts here over the years about canted barrels. I thought this would be a good place to ask.

The gun in question's barrel is canted slightly to the right. I've been trying to get it zeroed by moving the rear sight to the left...didn't work. I moved the rear sight to the right and acquired zero. It would seem to me to move the POA to the left would zero the gun, but no.

Thinking about it with a canted barrel the front sight should still be in line with the barrel bore. So lining the rear sight with the front sight should provide a straight line with barrel bore, front and rear sight.

Please correct me if my thinking is wrong. If canted right move rear sight right - the opposite if canted left.
You never said whether your groups were right or left of point of aim.

That said, move your rear sight in the direction your groups need to move.

The problem is the S&W micrometer rear sight is designed so that turning the screw to the right moves the sight to the right, while most other revolvers will do the opposite, if I recall. So, move your rear sight in the direction your group needs to move.