View Single Post

Old 08-05-2018, 11:25 PM

Liked 827 Times in 236 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigp220.45 View Post
Honestly, I don't get the whole hate "Bubba" thing.

I used to follow a Facebook page about restoring military surplus rifles, but the hate unleashed on these guns drove me away.

Apparently, if you take the original (but modified) stock off a gun, and replace it with an unmodified stock from a completely different gun, you have now restored its originality and history.

Sorry - the modified "Bubba-ized" stock is part of the history of the rifle. In that state it probably fired more rounds and served more of a purpose than it did in it original guise, where it most likely sat in a warehouse or armory for several decades, until Bubba got it.

"Bubba" was us, or our Dads, or Granddads, or Uncles. They paid a small amount for a gun that they then suited to their needs, probably using an article in the American Rifleman or Guns as a guide.

I like these old guns just they way they wound up.
I have to agree with you on that... Theres a million gazillion military surplus rifles out there i dont get what the big deal is. Though on the other hand im not very fond of bubba smithing stuff to where its unsafe or serves no good purpose whatsoever either...