View Single Post

Old 08-06-2018, 12:50 AM

Liked 827 Times in 236 Posts

WIN_20180805_23_07_51_Pro.jpg
Even though they are not my my favorite go to gun of all time. Dont be too quick to bash the little Charter. There are some really sweet things about them. They pretty much take all and except all S&W J frame type holsters and equipment. They have pretty much every pistol caliber taken care of in some form of a revolver. They even have a 45 ACP and 40 S&W revolver. They probably have one of the only large caliber revolvers that actually works for me. That being the 44 Bulldog. I love that revolver! The Bulldog is light on the feet but still packs a big bark and most importantly its shootable! Only downside is the Bulldog ammo can get crazy.

They are very easy to work on and easy to disassemble and assemble. I pretty much figured out how they work and fit together without looking at the manual or watching instructional videos. Also those shooters that are into Ruger revolvers should find the Charters construction familiar. Thats because a gun designer from Ruger started the Charter company back in the 60s and pretty much stuck to that similar Ruger design which is arguably one of the toughest revolver designs ever. They are quite tough little guns! The Charters are also one of the safest carry guns of all time. They were one of the first to design the firing pin block safety on a revolver. They also put the firing pin in the frame of the revolver as opposed to S&W at the time putting the firing pin on the hammer which could possibly break after time.

They do require some maintenance from time to time just to make sure nothing has come loose but other than that the old and new guns seem to be good! You can also get them on the cheap cheap! All the bubbas should perk there ears up on that... Especially on the older guns which are also some of the BEST quality revolvers out there.

Looks for Stratford Shelton or Bridgeport makes on the barrel. Stay far away from the ones that start with an "A."

They got the saturday night special prices but they are not the cheap un-reliable quality that comes with the saturday night special. Its safe to say that a Charter revolver will more than likely outlast all of you thats for sure... The new guns do have a life time warranty and heres a bonus! I have to say the customer service is TOP NOTCH! Especially during these trying times where customer service reps care more about there facebook messages than your gun quality. Give em a try! Its money well spent I promise and it wont break the bank!
The Following User Likes This Post: