View Single Post

Old 08-06-2018, 09:15 AM

Liked 26,334 Times in 9,128 Posts

My club has 3 ranges for rifle/ pistol. A 50 yard and 100 yard outdoor range. And a 25 yard outside range with a pistol house. 22 LR and non-magnum handguns only.

How you carry has never been an issue. Safety Always is!

The Pistol house is shoot from "Standing or seated, gun up position" only.

I informed the President, that I would have the ladies from church practicing with their handguns on the 100 yard range (from 10 yards). The focus for the season was draw and fire from their daily concealment position; ankle, purse, waist, flash-bang or whatever! He looked at me surprised and said he had never once thought to practice draw and firing. The 5 women that attended over the 13 weeks we did this got very good and some changed methods of carry to more concealment as their confidence grew. (Nobody had a flash-bang bra holster! at least that they would admit.) 2 of the women liked their 1911 variants, but couldn't find a method they liked (they didn't even consider a purse an option!) But they all borrowed and tried several methods for every pistol the owned. They all liked a small caliber (22 or 32 BUG) on the ankle, but had only practiced in shorts and were not sure they wanted to buy clothes to go with that system!

Ivan