View Single Post

Old 08-06-2018, 09:52 AM

Liked 4,624 Times in 1,697 Posts
Default Hard to engage slide lock on Shield 9mm

I took a concealed carry tactics class yesterday that included how to reload - using empty mags and guns of course. We were all using our edc guns which in my case is a Shield 9mm. During an emergency reload I noticed that after the fresh magazine was inserted it took an excessive amount of pressure to get the slide lock to release the slide. Not wanting to slow the class down I resorted to the (slower) overhand method for the rest of the segment.

When I got home, before reloading the Shield I locked the slide back, inserted an empty magazine, and attempted to release the slide by pressing the slide lock. Again, it took what I consider an inordinate amount of pressure for it to disengage.

Have any of you noticed this with your Shields, and if so, what was your solution to reducing it? I will be going to the range this weekend and will examine it with a full magazine. It shouldn't make any difference (I don't think) but is worth a try.

Last edited by Protected One; 08-07-2018 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Meant overhand, not slingshot