Thread: 511 pants
View Single Post

Old 08-06-2018, 04:59 PM
US Veteran

Liked 5,556 Times in 2,547 Posts

Each to his own. Maybe 20 years ago, or more, I discovered that loose cotton pants, like Dockers, were both warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer than the jeans I was used to wearing.

However, I still didn't like carrying much of anything in the pockets, and continued to wear what most of y'all would call a shoot-me-first vest. Strangely enough, I never got shot, first or otherwise. AFAIK, only one person, a waiter or owner in a small kosher restaurant in Norfolk, Virginia, ever noticed it. He repeatedly said that it was worn by members of some Israeli "secret service" or some such. Not being Israeli, or ever actually issued a firearm by even the U. S. government, I didn't have much to add to his irrelevant observation. Other than that, I have been all up and down the east coast without much note being taken of where I prefer to have my pockets, which is where I won't sit on them.

I can hardly argue against trying out a $3 pair of pants, but I doubt that I have anything even remotely resembling cargo pants in my future.

BTW, if anyone has noticed that I occasionally post about what I carry in a pocket, this has mostly been since I lost about 25 pounds, without changing pants size.

Last edited by ImprovedModel56Fan; 08-06-2018 at 05:58 PM. Reason: BTW
The Following 2 Users Like Post: