View Single Post

Old 08-06-2018, 09:50 PM

Liked 1,025 Times in 510 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Cholla View Post
I have done the re-chamber on M 30s and M 31s several times. I will do that rechamber job for any member of this forum on either model for $75 plus return postage. I need the cylinder with the extractor. I will not rechamber any other model of handgun that shoots 32 Long. ..........

And, yes, you can still shoot 32 Long in a rechambered cylinder. I do not recommend a steady diet of the 32 H&R Magnum with the heavier grain weight bullet. ...............
I know this is an old thread, but I have had Big Cholla ream two of my revolvers to 32 H&R. (Excellent work and fast turnaround in both cases, BTW.) In the course of looking for ammunition to use for defensive carry, the Buffalo Bore +P 100g JHP load (they look like XTP bullets) was the hottest H&R Mag load I came across. That load (at 1100fps out of a 432) exceeds the muzzzle energy of a 38 Special +P 158g LSWCHP (the "FBI Load") out of a 49 at the same distance over the same chrono.

I had occasion to correspond with the owner of Buffalo Bore, who said that my reamed 32 Long models were good for "unlimited use" with that particular 100g load. At over $1.25/shot, "unlimited" is still going to be pretty limited for me, but I think it indicates that a reamed Model 30 or 31, say, is not really going to be adversely affected by 32 H&R ammo.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: