View Single Post

Old 08-07-2018, 09:40 PM
SWCA Member
Absent Comrade

Liked 4,671 Times in 1,606 Posts
Arrow Roy Jinks History Channel on: S&W Schofield vs Colt Peacemaker

Something you have GOT to watch and re-watch to appreciate. I ask you please RATE this thread when you've reviewed it. With a few more points, Lee will give me a new kitchen toaster. (NOT)

Here's Roy at this best, just doing what he DOES best !

Explaining how the better quality revolver got tossed to the side because of the proprietary .45 S&W Schofield ammo instead of making the cylinder a tad longer to accept the .45 Long Colt, too.

Not learning enough from this in 1913 S&W engineered and produced a fabulous and well functioning, reliable semi-automatic in a proprietary, .35 S&W Auto instead of the standard, common and well accepted (and available at any local hardware store) .32 ACP.

This one goes near the top of the list of S&W blunders, along with NO Caliber designations on most of the Model 3 product line until the very last few thousand.

Also, not paying Schofield a trivial royalty for his clearly improved clasp and catch for the New Model 3 revolvers that followed.

Go, ahead ... make my day ... start listing all the S&W BLUNDERS or things that could have been done better and / or differently, but first watch Roy doing his job and doing it like no one else could.

... and, leave it to the History Channel, the cover photo appears to be a replica American with the brass frame you see advertised everywhere as a SCHOFIELD replica.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg REPLICA S&W M3 large_7_oldwest_22-1008Lz.jpg (37.1 KB, 38 views)

Last edited by model3sw; 08-08-2018 at 07:11 PM.
The Following 21 Users Like Post: