Thread: 511 pants
View Single Post

Old 08-07-2018, 09:41 PM

Liked 177 Times in 91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastoff View Post
I "bought" 4 pairs of 5.11 pants some years ago basically because they were free. I liked having a lot of pockets and they've worn really well over the years. If I had paid the $65 price tag I wouldn't be unhappy because they've lasted so long. Because of their light weight they're cooler than jeans in the summer. I wear them every day.

However, like a lot of things, I've discovered something I like better; Tru-Spec 24/7 pants. The difference is the Tru-Spec pants have pockets that fit my stuff better. In the thigh pocket there is a divider. This allows me to carry a cell phone and a flash light without them banging into each other. Then they have a small pocket designed for a knife. Plus, they're less expensive than the 5.11 pants.

Are they better? Meh, it's all personal preference. No, I just like them.

Do they scream "He has a gun!"? No, I think that's just paranoia.

I bought a few pairs of 5.11 tactical pants. Wasn't a fan of the slash pockets.

I bought the Tru-Spec 24-7s (a lot cheaper) and love them. Wear them everyday both shorts and long pants. Nobody has said boo about them.

Cargo pants are sold everywhere so they no longer are in the domain of CCW'rs only.

My Wife on the other hand bought the $70 5.11s and like them. I can't get her to try the Tru-Specs, but not for any real reason.