View Single Post

Old 08-07-2018, 10:05 PM

Liked 594 Times in 290 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubhelix View Post
I'm partial to the "Magnas and T-Grip" combo. Classic looks, and fits my hand well, too. If I want to preserve the originals, I sometimes buy a second set for carry.

However, Tyler 3R's for the round butt K frame are kinda scarce, and I've been thinking hard about trying some Ahrends' in tung oil finished maple.
I have a question for you. First let me start by saying WHAT A COLLECTION! That is amazing. All you need is a 649 and you'll have what I'm hoping to get one day. I'm not big on stainless, but I'd be very happy with those. I'd like to one day have a collection just like that in stainless, blued and nickel finish. All those, plus the Bodyguard in all 3 finishes. The snub 586 I don't believe was ever made in nickel, but a nice polished up 686 could fill that gap. That is seriously so cool. I'm hoping to at least get one set. I forgot they don't make a snub Model 67 too, so that's one I'd be short too. I'm hoping to have a blued set at least. I have the snub 15 and snub 36 so far. I'm a long ways off, but every collection has to start somewhere. Very nice though, you've definitely inspired me. I saw another picture a long time ago that I really liked that had 4 stainless snubs and I found it recently and after looking at it further, it looks like 4 from the collection you displayed here. I'm attaching it, are those the same guns and do you still have these?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SmartSelect_20180501-223517_Gallery.jpg (49.4 KB, 18 views)