View Single Post

Old 08-07-2018, 10:06 PM

Liked 177 Times in 91 Posts

Over the >40 yrs that I've been shooting, I've belonged to 4 different gun clubs (private, non-profit orgs). None had any rules about CCW or OC on their ranges. However I used to OC at my first club and it was very much frowned upon, I was questioned about it (why do you do that?) as it was a totally FUDD club (bullseye and skeet/trap shooters, less than a handful actually cared about the 2nd Amendment). I finally quit that club after 24 yrs (14 of which I was a BOD member as their legislative chairman). In the years since I quit they invoked some "interesting" rules. Can't load more than 6 rds at any time on the outdoor range or 5 rds on the indoor range plus if you shoot your carry gun you are prohibited from reloading and reholstering the gun on the property!

The 2 clubs my Wife and I currently belong to both allow CCW or OC (lots of members OC), no issues. No shooting from the holster however at any time at one club. The other club allows shooting from the holster, shooting on the move, bring your own steel, shoot at any distance, etc. . . . just maintain safety.

As an NRA Instructor who teaches the Personal Protection classes, it's a shame that most clubs in MA won't allow my students to practice the drills they learned in those classes. We do offer a discounted 1st year membership for students who take classes at the club that allows holster work.

I do not shoot at public ranges. I've been in a few and witnessed actions that don't make me feel safe being there.