View Single Post

Old 08-08-2018, 10:58 AM

Liked 3,126 Times in 1,326 Posts

I have the standard milspec. Runs well. A friend has asked to buy it, and as I'm not allowed to shoot 45 much anymore, he will get it as it came to me.

I compare it to my service pistol, which will shoot well under the worst conditions. The SA is more accurate, but then it is newer by 70+ years.

SA customer service is great most of the time. I did have an EMP 9 which needed several trips back. There was always a good description of what was done, and a couple of free mags along the way. But they failed me when I needed to get rid of the ambi safety, which kept bumping off during the day. They would not help with that, so I eventually sold it for what I had in it, which was not as hard as I feared.

Someone asked about the Remington R1. I bought the R1S (milspec, stainless) when Gander was closing. They had it marked down drastically, and it qualified for the $100 Remington rebate, so I snagged it. Good fit/finish, but doesn't compare to the SA in that regard. But at a couple hundred $$ less, no complaints. It will likely go the gift route to a friend who helps with my chemo road trips.
The Following User Likes This Post: