View Single Post

Old 08-09-2018, 05:17 PM

Liked 3,377 Times in 1,102 Posts
Default NO, NO, NO to armed teachers...

...with rare exceptions. Very rare.

In my personal and professional experience I have been very involved in education. My Mother worked for the school board for decades, my sister is a retired teacher, I subbed for about eight (8) years, many of my friends are teachers and school administrators. NONE of the above would/could be capable of successfully using deadly force. Period.

Many are against guns, per se; some would not safely carry or use a gun based on my personal experiences with them. Others would simply refuse to do so even if they could or even were mandated to do so.

One administrator (not a friend) boasted of buying a 'black rifle' IMMEDIATELY after a school shooting and mocked it. She's the least likely to successfully use a gun in defense of anybody.

There likely are a few professional educators with the knowledge and ability to engage a school shooter. I know of none. That does not make anyone a 'bad person.' They simply have other interests and skills more important to them.

For the record, administrators of the high schools in which I subbed knew I was formerly a LEO and encouraged me to carry whilst subbing. I did so most of the time. Yes, it was legal to do so.

Be safe.
The Following User Likes This Post: